I am recovering from jetlag, weight loss, total exhaustion, a cut on my face thanks to my overzealous dog, and Everest euphoria as I write this. Although I STILL have to hold the right side of my back when I cough, it's nice not to care anymore!
As promised, I am settling back into normal life, except that I'm eating a little more than usual. This past weekend I forced myself to Juan's Place (Mexican food) in Berkeley and Bouchon in Yountville with friends. It was torture. Next week, it's San Francisco for dinner at Parma. Darn.
As promised, I am settling back into normal life, except that I'm eating a little more than usual. This past weekend I forced myself to Juan's Place (Mexican food) in Berkeley and Bouchon in Yountville with friends. It was torture. Next week, it's San Francisco for dinner at Parma. Darn.
This month I'm going to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, for the Ironman Coeur d'Alene. Not to compete - I don't do that. I'll be there supporting my brother, Dan.
Every morning I wake up thinking, "I cannot believe I stood on the summit of Mount Everest." It is a feeling like I've never had before and I hope it never ends.
Every morning I wake up thinking, "I cannot believe I stood on the summit of Mount Everest." It is a feeling like I've never had before and I hope it never ends.
This has been a long haul. Thanks to everyone who put up with me these past two years - family, friends, accomplices...
Many thanks to my parents, family and friends everywhere, Jim Love, Sally Meakin, Kelly Bobbitt, all those who sent emails and letters, wrote comments on this BLOG, people I know, some I've never met, friends of friends and family... I cannot express how much your support and encouragement has meant to me.
Thanks also to Russell Brice, his wild bunch of Kiwi guides and brave, hard-working Sherpas, and the FFC (you know who you are)! This was truly a Himalayan Experience.
To my 27 teammates (and Ellen) ... I hope we stay in touch always.
Namaste.
Megan
ps... You can never have too many Everest summit photos!
ps... You can never have too many Everest summit photos!


Dear Megan,
ReplyDeleteYou know what's as hard as summiting Everest? Reading your blogs aloud to husband Jim without choking up. It's near-impossible.
You're a phenomenom. When you're ready, and if you're interested, there are 3 clubs anxious to have you speak.
I asked your parents if they ever dreamed when they got married that one of their babies would be on Everest. You can envision their answer. And then I credited them with providing the sperm and egg to create you.
Enjoy Idaho, little girl.
Sally
Hey Megan! How is the recovery going? I just feel tired, but like you I am eating more. We got off to a good start in KTM with those Peach (or was it pineapple?)daquiris! Savor your summit, friend! Cheers to you!
ReplyDeleteEllen
Hi Megan,
ReplyDeleteCongrats on Everest. Awesome. So happy for you. I followed your blog for a while and then dropped off. Have been thinking of you lately and just checked the website. You look so very happy in the picture on the summit. Take care.
Joe Wallis
Hello Wonder Woman! Congratulations on your epic climb! Great description and great reading, thanks for sharing at all and welcome home!! Love, Chris
ReplyDeleteOops, meant to say "sharing it all"! Congrats again!!
ReplyDelete