Monday, May 25, 2009

Back to BC - Hungry, Tired, Happy!

This is a quick post to let you know that I reached the summit of Everest at 9:30am on May 23rd with my fabulous Sherpa, Lakpa Nuru, several teammates (I think there were 9 or 10 of us), along with their Sherpas and our guides.

We are now all back safely at base camp.

It was amazing.

More later...

Love,

Megan

34 comments:

  1. Megan
    You did it!!!! amazing Iam so happy for you.
    Great job, can't wait to hear more.
    Gineth Soto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Megan!! Great job, can't wait to hear the details.

    Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, you have officially sealed your place in history! Well done. I can only begin to imagine the sense of accomplishment you must have.

    Gregg Siegal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Missy Meg!!! Dreams come true! One last obstacle - those yaks and dzos on the road to Lukla. Just shove them out of your way, Superwoman.
    With masses of admiration and joy,
    Sally Meakin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan,

    We are all so proud and can't wait to hear more. After the difficult beginning to this expedition you have shown your strength and what an amazing woman you are to get to the top!

    Congrats, enjoy the rest of your time there and get home safely.

    Kelly, Krista, Jess, Matthew and Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan
    Outstanding!! We're all very proud, and anxious to hear from you. Rest up and get home safe.
    Love
    Brian, Mary Lee, Sean, Marissa, Ryan, Katya, and Colin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on reaching the summit!!!! cant wait to read what the climb down was like

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS Meg!!!! I was so excited to see your post this morning and can't wait for all of the stories when you get home. Travel safe. See you in a couple of weeks...
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meg,

    Absolutely fantastic! Now we can all exhale. Get home safely and soon.

    Burke & Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrat's Megan!!! You worked through the cough's the cold, the altitude and your pulled muscle. You're a tough Irish lass!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go Megan! I am so excited and happy for you, and can't wait to see you.
    Love, Molly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Megan,

    That is Awesome! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear the details. Have a great rest of your trip.

    Frank and Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Meg, CONGRATUATIONS! We knew you would do it this time around! You are so amazing and such an inspiration to all of us!! We are so proud of you and so excited! We can't wait to hear all about it. Safe trip home!

    We love you!
    Vina, Tom, Olivia and Emma

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATULATIONS Megan!! Watching your progress helped Owen get through busy season. We look forward to having you up to Napa and hearing about it over some wine.

    Owen & Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Megan, The Hillsborough Racquet Club was thrilled to hear about your success and we know that your parents are relieved! We look forward to hearing about your adventures. Terry--for all of the HRC members.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Megan,
    Eric and I are in awe...you're a true inspiration and we couldn't be happier for you! Hope you're allowing it to sink in and drinking it all up!Absolutely amazing!
    XOXo D and E Abrahamson

    ReplyDelete
  17. David MarkwellMay 26, 2009 7:14 AM

    wahu! now thats something to celebrate!! congratulations megan!

    all the best,

    david markwell

    ReplyDelete
  18. Meg,

    CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so happy for you and can't wait to see you and hear all the details. Safe trip home. we miss you!
    Love, Dan,Lex,Chloe and James

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats to Mighty Megan! Absolutely incredible but not surprising given your inner and physical strength. I hope you were able to take your usual amazing photos. Can't wait to for you to share your experience with us.

    Kevin and Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's fantastic! Get back in one piece.

    - Rich S.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yeah Megan!!!!!!

    Mark G

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW - congratulations!! simply amazing - can't wait to hear the details.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Scott and MakenaMay 26, 2009 12:26 PM

    Big Congratulations! I bet you even carried a few sherpas up with you?! Looking forward to the pictures and personal accounting (is that a CPA joke?).

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW, MMMMEEEEGGGGAAAANNNN!!!!!!
    Congratulations!!!!! I am so proud of you! We all know what an amazingly strong woman you are... this just proves it even more. I can't wait to hear your stories, as I am sure you have many good ones. Please get home safely!

    Love you!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Meg,

    Huge congrats...you are a better man than I am. It's time to take up something a little safer, like...oh, I don't know....Acapulco cliff diving.

    Have a safe trip home.

    Take care,

    Kevin Scully

    ReplyDelete
  26. Conratulations Megan. Very inspiring. Way to work through issues and keep your eye on the goal. Hope to meet you one day.

    Kami (Marianne and Owen's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Megan-
    Congratulations! I knew you'd do it. Can't wait to celebrate when you get home!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  28. Megan,
    Congrats! Way to go! Have a safe rest of your trip. -Roger

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fantastic!! You've lived one of my dreams. I am in the same St. Catherine's of Siena Church choir as your dad (I think that's who he is) here in Burlingame, California, so he told me about your climb. Wow, so amazing! Looking forward to seeing more of your blog when I have a little more time. Cheers ~ Sandra Henao

    ReplyDelete
  30. Megan -
    Congratulations! What an amazing accomplishment. You're a superstar!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations Megan !!!Fantastic!!! Can't wait to hear about your adventure.

    Clorox Tax

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome!!!!! Can't wait to read the new book - Confessions of a Summitter!
    Mary Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations Megan! Safe trip back to sea level.

    Gail Z

    ReplyDelete
  34. Amazing accomplishment. All our very best. Safe travels home. We can't wait to hear all about it.
    You join an illustrious club: "Because it's there!"
    Nan and Bill Nagle

    ReplyDelete